Monday 9 January 2012

The Power of Exercise

Despite a huge pharmaceutical intake over the weekend, I still haven't managed to shake off the cold that I've had for most of the last week, but somehow I managed to drag myself into work this morning.
I sniffed, coughed and spluttered my way through the morning.
My lunch consisted of a couple of cold and flu capsules with a pasta and egg salad on the side.
My head throbbed through the afternoon and by home time my nose was red raw from repeated blowing.
And yet, despite setting off with a heavy heart and a head full of dread, my run home was absolutely amazing. My head cleared almost instantly. My sinuses miraculously unblocked, my lungs filled with refreshingly cold January air and, if I'd been in that 1970s Tunes advert, I'd have been ordering a second-class return to Nottingham rather than Dottingham, no trouble.
I positively bounded the three miles home and by the time I arrived I was fit to face the world again.
How does that work then?

No comments: